The Cedar Rapids Mayor Election is on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Polls will be open from 7:00 AM-8:00 PM.

Other City of Cedar Rapids elections that day include:

  • City Council Member at Large – All city election voters can vote for this seat
  • Council Member District 1 – Covers predominantly Northeast Cedar Rapids
  • Council Member District 3 – Primarily Cedar Rapids Southeast Side
  • Council Member District 5 – Mostly Southwest Cedar Rapids

To find out where you vote for Cedar Rapids Mayor on November 7th as well as the district in which you live, you can look both items up on the Linn County Auditor Election Services Department’s Election Lookup site. It is very easy to do. Simply enter your house or building number and then choose your address.

Absentee Voting

Can’t make it to your polling location on November 7th? You can complete an Absentee Ballot Request Form to have the ballot mailed to you.

You can also stop in at early voting locations. In-person absentee voting will begin on Thursday, October 5th and runs through Monday, November 6th until 5:00 p.m.


Linn County Election Services
Until Monday, November 6, 2017
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday
935 2nd St SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-2100

Cedar Rapids Public Library
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 ONLY
12:00 – 6:00 PM
450 5th Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403

Are you registered to vote?

If you need to find out if you are registered to vote, please visit the Iowa Secretary of State’s Lookup service.

If you are not registered to vote, you can pre-register before Friday, October 27, 2017 by 5:00 PM.

You may register in person at the Linn County Election Services office, by mail, at the IDOT Cedar Rapids driver’s license station or any city hall in Linn County. You will need to complete an Official Iowa Voter Registration Form.

If you do not have time to drop off the registration form, you can mail the completed form to:

Linn County Election Services
935 2nd St SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-2100

After October 27th, you will need to complete Election Day Registration at the Linn County Election Services office when voting absentee or at your polling place on Election Day.

You will need the following forms of identification:

Proof of ID:

  • Iowa driver’s license
  • Iowa non-driver ID card
  • Out-of-state driver’s license or non-driver ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. military ID
  • ID card issued by employer
  • Student ID issued by Iowa high school or college
  • Proof of Residence

If your photo ID does not contain your current address, you may use another document to prove where you live if it contains your name and current address. The following are acceptable proofs of residence:

  • Residential lease
  • Utility bill (including a cell phone bill)
  • Bank statement
  • Paycheck
  • Government check or other government document